Friday, June 18, 2010

swim...

Woke up this morning at 4:30ish and got on my scooter and went to the gym. I had a big swim workout planned but I was not motivated. I did half of it. :-( Today I am meeting up with my neighbor Amy and we are going to work through a track work out. She has been watching her high schoolers do it so she wants us to try it. Tomorrow we have a 4 hour bike ride and Sunday I have another 12 or 13 mile run. The run I never worry about, the bike is hard b/c you are alone. Jay rides with me and we talk but there are long moments where I am just watching him ride WAY ahead of me.

A good friend of mine, Kristi Robbins, told me a long time ago that your mind controls your body. When we get fatigued we tend to let our legs tell us we are tired and done but this is not the case. You have to remind your mind to control your legs and to tell them, "YOU ARE NOT FINISHED, SUCK IT UP."

Maybe one day I will invite everyone into my head you can see how crazy us IRONMAN people are.

slt

No comments:

Post a Comment